Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Plans for the Army




As mentioned previously, the reason why the Blog is named "Palace of Thorns" is that I am going with Red Corsairs or Claws of Lorek.

I really like the three color scheme of the RC's (red, black, gold), but I plan on running two DP's in my army and don't feel like fighting fluff mongers who do not like that the force is lead by Huron or that there are two DP's in a army where the leader is not demonic himself. In other words...I don't want to be pigeon holed with my army list.

For this reason, I will probably go with the Claws of Lorek. A splinter group who went on a separate path of escape from the battle at the Palace of Thorns.

They have maintained their allegiance to Huron. Going on deep assignments finding artifacts of power, sowing mayhem and destruction, or recruiting deep in the imperium and also recruiting already established, but disgruntled, Chaos marines.

The colors of the war band are shown to the right on the pick below. The original Astral Claw scheme is in the middle and the Red Corsair scheme to the left.

1 comment:

  1. I've always had a soft spot for the forces involved in the Badab War.

    I used to have a Space Sharks army and my buddy had an Astral Claws force back in the day!

    I'd say go with the Claws of Lorek as there are plenty of Red Corsairs floating around.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete